The Occupy Wall Street movement is going to get the South Park treatment on Wednesday night.
The latest episode of the long-running animated series is entitled “1%,” and it’s on Comedy Central tonight (Wednesday) at 10 p.m./9 p.m. Central Time. The preview clip for the episode shows Cartman in the role of the 1% against the rest of his classmates, AKA, the 99%.
Now in its 15th season, South Park continues to effectively skewer current events with surprising consistency. The short production schedule for the show (which takes weeks, rather than the months required for most animated series) allows its writers to address subjects in a more topical way.
Last spring, South Park addressed the issues related to the so-called Locationgate scandal.
So, uh, Cartman is the 1%, eh?
More About: Occupy Wall Street, ows, South Park
For more Entertainment coverage: